Saturday, November 7, 2009

Another Perspective On Social Media

Everyone is trying to understand the role of social media.  Is it real ... its role ... how do you monetize the media ... how does it add value in your business.  Many successful realtors and business people are quick to dismiss it.  My gut tells me that social media is more than a noisy platform for the curious but something real, tangible and is where we all will end up at the end of the day.  This will be the medium from which businesses engage in a conversation with people ... they listen and glean what it is people want.

I am interested in your feedback.  Let me know what you think.  How does social media impact your real estate and investment choices?  In between thinking about this question, check out this video by Gary Vaynerchuk.  Food for thought ...



I tend to agree with Gary's perspective.  Social media is the business of doing business by engaging in a conversation with our friends, prospects and clients.  It is about being interested AND not just interesting.  About listening to what other people want and need.  Just a thought!

If you or anyone you know is thinking about buying or selling real estate, let me know.  I would love to help you.  In the meantime, thank you for your input and consideration.  Jim Peys

No comments:

Post a Comment